United Waterfowlers Web Forums  

Go Back   United Waterfowlers Web Forums > Recipe Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Quack Addict

lazy duckman meal

Pluck a puddler that has good fat. This one was a gadwall from last year.

Cut the backbone out and brine it for 24 hours in whatever...I use salt water most of the time.

Mix 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 cup of OJ, a tbsp of soy sauce and a bit of minced onion and garlic and pour over the duck. Let it sit for an hour or a day....whatever.

When you're ready to cook remove the duck from the marinade and put a sweet potato in the toaster oven on 450. Pour the marinade into sauce pan or small iron skillet and put it on low heat. Drink a beer or two depending on how fast you drink beer occasionally stirring your marinade or scraping it off the pan as it begins to caramelize...just make sure it bubbles for a few minutes then it can just sit on low heat.

When you're done with your beer(s) make a small oak fire from fallen limbs in your yard using a handful of pine straw for lighter material. Once you have a good flame sear the duck on both sides. Pull the duck off the flame, cover the grill, and get another beer. More than likely by the time your done with your beer your fire will go out unless you built a pretty good one. If it does, no worries, bring the duck in, remove the sweet potato which should be done after 30 minutes, and put the duck on a roasting pan in the toaster oven.

When your duck is mostly done but still a little bloody on the bottom side of the breast pull it out and let it sit. I have no idea how long this usually takes on constant heat because of the cave man fires I usually cook over.

If you feel like you need some greens, raw spinach thrown on the plate is as easy as it gets. Don't bother with dressing, the duck fat and reduced marinade will suffice. I like mine like a thick paste almost and just get a bit on my fork before each bite. Slice a tomato from the garden for an extra veggie. Don't bother if you had to buy one from the store.

EZPZ

Duck cooking over a tiny oak flame

Ready to eat
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Sponsor Member

Re: lazy duckman meal

Looks good Hunter!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Sponsor

Almost looks like it is a small bat you cooked Recipe sure is easy...... What kind of beer works the best besides cold ones???

Thanks!!!

Not sure which bathroom to use....look in your pants...there's your sign you "transbender AH"

"Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, but after a shooting, the problem is the gun!

"Guns are like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Member of "The Marina Mile Militia"

"The SOUTH shall rise AGAIN"..MASTER of the South
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Quack Addict

Cuvée des Jacobins Rouge.

Ever since I had this one, all other beers are astonishingly inferior. But since I can't find it anywhere other than one bar, Dos Equis amber works good for a corner store selection.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Quack Addict

That looks good man. I gotta look up that beer. I wonder of they carry it at Total Wines canned or bottled.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Quack Addict

I like the organic nature of the recipe for that yummy looking quacker.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: